RURAL AMBASSADOR AWARD
Aims of the Rural Ambassador Award:
• To highlight the talent, creativity and ingenuity of young rural Victorians and in doing so encourage entrants to
be role models across local communities.
• To encourage and reward enthusiastic, skilful and industrious young people living or having an involvement in
• To assist all entrants through their participation to develop strong communication and leadership qualities and to
directly assist the winner through the support of a bursary.
• Enable the applicant to gain greater proficiency in their chosen field and also to develop the applicant’s stature
and reputation in that chosen field.
• DETAILS/CONDITIONS OF THE RURAL AMBASSADOR AWARD
JUNIOR SHOW AMBASSADOR AWARD
Aims of the Junior Show Ambassador Award:
• To give young people a chance to take part in a competition while residing in their local district.
• To be part of a local show and therefore highlighting the importance of Shows.
• To meet new people from all age groups with the same interests.
• DETAILS/CONDITIONS OF THE JUNIOR SHOW AMBASSADOR AWARD
MISS SHOWGIRL & TINY TOT
In keeping with the tradition of Agricultural Shows, Miss Showgirl & Tiny Tot classes are held on Show Day. Refer to the Maffra Show Schedule for details.
SCHOOL’S FRIDAY PROGRAM
In 2007 the Maffra Show Committee decided to launch a program aimed at year 3 & 4 students which contains educational content as well as giving an insight into how an Agricultural Show runs. The program is conducted on the Friday of our Show weekend.
Some of the presenters at recent Shows are:
• Victoria Police
• Maffra Fire Brigade
• Ambulance Victoria
• Sustainable Energy groups
• Cattle fitters
• Entertainers booked for Show Day.
For further details please forward your enquiry to email@example.com